Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Himas Batok Himas (Pat, Slap, Pat)

Philippine management style calls this : Himas, Batok, Himas. (Pat him on the back, a slap in the back of the head and another pat on the back). Earlier today I posted on the forum if I was violating Odesk policies by playing around with the Odesk logo. I've yet to check that post but I was surprised to hear from Ms. Doreen M. of Odesk administration about my cover letter . I think I read about disintermediation, but I was just approaching sheer desperation. It has been a week and I have yet to make a single dollar or peso (thats like a quarter) from my efforts. Shame on me though. I violated something before I even started a job, but hey I'm only human.

On the bright side of things I got this new banner :). It took a while for me to figure out how to post it on the right side of the blog. I never studied HTML/XTML or whatever code used to write these webpages. Turned out that I could just go ahead and delete the script and cut and paste the darn thing. I'm kinda excited though cause it looks like that she actually read excerpts of this blog. Sigh how I wish I could afford someone to proof read this blog on Odesk but I just cant afford it till I get a job myself. Yup, I'm running a one man show like most folks.

It's 6:22 AM Manila time, the sun is coming up and I'm about to call it a day.

Again Odesk Management my sincerest apologies. I'll email you a copy of the letter where I got the lousy idea of putting my contact information on my cover letter.



No comments:

Post a Comment